Wednesday, November 10, 2010

RED, WHITE and BOOOOOOO....ON ALL OF YOU!!!!

Look I have no intentions of discussing politics on this website.  I mean, that is an endless subject with no resolve.  We like to keep things a little more painfully simple.

However, there is one thing I need to hate on and vent about in the category of "politics." 

I live in a "red" state...it has always been a red state and it has held onto the conservative morals and values in which it was founded on.  I have also lived in other states but in the end, "there's no place like home."  Why is that?  Well, this state just feels RIGHT to me.  Don't get me wrong, I have been able to embrace the various cultures and traditions from other locations but I love living in a state where I feel well represented by the leaders, live among others with similiar beliefs and can truly gather a sense of community.

THAT BEING SAID....I'm soooo tired of all the northern liberals moving to "red" states and turning everything around.  If you are going to move to the south, TX or the midwest then you know what to expect in terms of their culture and political stances.  That's what makes them the great states that they are!  These are conservative states with a certain type of charm and solid morals.  Why are you going to move BY THE DROVES to these locations and then try to make everything look like NY?   So you have caught onto the fact that there is life outside of NY and some of these other states have cheaper land and other great attractions....so you figure you can just come here and try to turn it into your own little version of NY.  You add pizza parlors, bakeries, restaurants, etc.  Some would say--that's great!  We need those things here!  But I have a different opinion...Its not just that they bring new places to town but they also bring "their way of doing things."  Its no secret that New Yorkers tend to be a bit more brash and cold.  It is part of the culture there.  It works in NY--I'm not disputing that fact.  But when they bring that to locations where we are not used to it then it becomes annoying-flat out.

I know that it is stereotypical and that not all NYers are the same.  I totally agree with that.  I'm not even saying that one way is better than the other.  I am just saying that there are obvious differences in the area now that it has been infiltrated by New Yorkers.  It causes the charm of these once quaint towns to be lost!  They are bringing in more obnxious behavior, traffic and brutality.  Go HOME!

When I lived in the North I had no choice but to adapt to the culture there!  I didn't move there expecting to live in a conservative, friendly environment.  I had to pick up the pace, make no eye contact and get to the point whenever I spoke.  That's how it is and it works for certain areas!  I didn't last long there because everything about the state was opposite of who I am...that's okay..it was an EXPERIENCE.  I didn't go there expecting to turn the state around.  So don't move to other states and then bring your "hard" ways with you!  You have to adapt to the culture that makes that place unique!  Don't try to push people around and force liberal views on a conservative state.  Don't move here if you don't like the politics of the state!!  Stay registered in your state and vote in your liberal candidates to your home state!  Its so frustrating!

Despite our blog's title..I love all people.  My standpoint is merely from an authentic point of view.  Keep the south the south, the west the west, the north the north.  If you are going to infiltrate a new town then blend in--respect the land!  Go with the flow!  Otherwise, GO HOME. 

No comments:

Post a Comment