Thursday, November 11, 2010

LADY GAG ME......

I question the sanity of Americans.  We are so dumb sometimes--I'm sorry.  We buy into EVERYTHING  and EVERYONE!  We allow celebrities to be our standard and we imitate them, follow them, obsess over them and hang on to their every word.  We allow them to influence our clothing, hairstyles, attitudes, political views and overall lifestyles.

They make tens of thousands of millions of dollars off of stupid Americans everyday.  Then, they get on their political soapbox and we actually listen!!  "Oooo--oooo Ben Affleck is voting for Clinton, I'm with him!"  Are you stupid?  You are going to let a trillionaire dictate to you the needs of the country?  These people live in trees!!  They have food flown in fresh from Italy and a chef waiting to cook it.  They have spas inside of their homes and they don't just own vacation homes, they own vacation islands!!  Taxes, healthcare, education, military and every other major issue doesn't even come close to affecting them!  Not even close!!  They don't represent the vast majority of Americans so why the heck should we listen to their political views?  Because we are brainless and lazy and we're star struck and we don't want to form our own identities or opinions...we would rather let Hollywood do alllll of that for us.  PATHETIC!

That was a little off topic...I really wanted to write about Lady Gag-me-with-a-spoon.  Are you all kidding me when you say you find her fresh and funky and adorable and trendy and unique?  Look--as much as I hate on people, I will give credit where credit is due.  I think she has catchy songs and a pretty good voice!  I've been known to hum a tune or two of hers.  That's not the point!!!  Why isn't having a good voice with some decent lyrics enough for America?  Everything has to be extreme and weird or else we don't buy it.  She isn't popular because she has a good voice!!  We don't even care about that!  But even that's not the point.  I'm just picking on Lady GAG for today's blog.

I just think it is soooo dumb that everyone is sooo freaked out and says how crazy she is and how unique and weird and funky, etc.  GIVE ME A BREAK!  She is probably a little quiet girl that is nerdy and sucks her thumb as she cries herself to sleep every night.  IT's A COSTUME PEOPLE!  She is just hiding behind a mask and all of you buy it!!  Why??  She's not weird.  I can respect weird.  I can respect people who just have issues or who have lived a hard life and they have somehow come out on top.  I can respect those people that just write their music from the heart and they are true artists.  They don't have a team of people trying to make them fit into today's trends.  That's not art---that's phony.  Real artists and real "weird" people are not going to buy into the hype.  They shy away from the spotlight and they don't care about the fame.  They are more introverted and they just have a talent that is supernatural.  When I see Gag-Me I feel like her whole act just screams FAKE!  If you have to TRY to be weird then you aren't.  If you just TRY to come up with things that will get a reaction then you aren't real.  If you have to TRY and be different then you aren't!  It should be effortless and she does everything under the sun to get a shock out of us and what do we do?  Of course, WE BITE!  We allow her to be our poster child!  We are soooo whack! 

Why do you think real heavy metal rock stars are considered sell-outs if they go mainstream or if they get their own reality show?  Because that's too generic and it's not keeping it REAL.  Same thing goes for gag.  You people need to WAKE UP.  She sits at home at night thinking of ways to be weird.  It's not authentic.  She's like "oh, I have an idea, I'll put a telephone in my hair..yeah, that will work...they will all think that is soo weird and they will just love me."  She's no different than a cartoon or a puppet....YOU are the ones pulling the strings.....

No comments:

Post a Comment